From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Oct 7, 8:26 pm, Wizy <W...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I did some more digging into the code and found a script injection code
> snippette that was over writting the window.close code with a
> window.parent.ID.hide code.  I place an alert at the end of the script
> injection code and the alert will fire but the server side event still does
> not.  So I don't think the hide function is throwing an exception.
>
> Any hep would be great.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Wizy
>

> "Wizy" wrote:
> > Mark,
>
> > Thank you for your response.  The client side code does run correctly..
>
> > The java script is very simple.  Here's that code.
> > window.close();
>
> > There is no other code in the function. It does not throw an exception that
> > I'm aware of since it does close the page.
>
> > For some reason it's not allowing the server side to run.
>
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Wizy
>
> > "Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > > "Wizy" <W...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > Sounds like there is a problem with the client-side JavaScript which FireFox
> > > catches but IE doesn't. Yet another example of why you should never develop
> > > and test against IE, especially IE7 or <shudders> earlier...

> > > If the above doesn't fix it, there's little else that anyone can do for you
> > > if they can't find the error(s) in your code...

> > > Sounds like the way you have written it is being trapped by FireFox as some
> > > sort of security problem and the code is not being allowed to run.
>
> > > Have you seen this?
> > >http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=FireFox+FireBug&btnG=Search&me...
>
> > > --
> > > Mark Rae
> > > ASP.NET MVP
> > >http://www.markrae.net- Hide quoted text -

again... how do you call server side code from the client?
From: bruce barker on
you should not be closing a browser window while its trying to postback.
I assume Firefox (and maybe later versions of IE) is honoring your close
request first (then there is window to do the postback).

the close should be done by the postback response.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

From: Wizy on
Thanks for your response Alexy. The server code never fires. I have a break
point set in the method and one in the page load. It does not even do a post
back.

The page is a DevEx popup control page with a aspx page as the content. so
it's a page embeded in another page. I'm not sure what they use for there
popup but I assume it's a Div tag. I tired to close it from the Server side
but don't seem to be able to grab a handle to the hosting div tag.

--
Thanks
Wizy