From: Debra on
I am having problems with updates. Here is the message and does anyone know
what to do?
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB979202)
From: Shenan Stanley on
Debra wrote:
> I am having problems with updates. Here is the message and does
> anyone know what to do?
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for
> Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008,
> Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
> Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB979202)

What operating system, operating system version and service pack level of
said operating system are you running?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PhantomOx on

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Debra wrote:
> > I am having problems with updates. Here is the message and does
> > anyone know what to do?
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for
> > Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008,
> > Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
> > Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB979202)
>
> What operating system, operating system version and service pack level of
> said operating system are you running?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

Same thing on a buddies machine. Near as I can tell it is caused by KB977165
and your machine has a trojan, or a rootkit. You can uninstall this update
from the recovery console, and your machine will boot. It is a widespread
problem on windows XP, and windows 7. I refuse to touch vista.

Pages: 1
Prev: 2 updates won't install
Next: Error Code 80070426