From: alamain on
Installed new hard drive; reinstalled Vista Home Premium. DVD Maker has
reverted to original condition as when purchased. It does not recognize my
"E" drive in the drop down box. Eventually it did recognize "E" and
everything was fine. I assumed it was a Microsoft Update of some kind,
perhaps Service Pak 1. I downloaded SP1 but when attempting to run it, it
has an error message: 80070904. So... question 1: will SP1 make DVD Maker
operational? question 2: how do I resolve this error message?

Thanks,

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Try posting in microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices newsgroup.