From: AuxMax on
I've received two emails this morning from two work-at-home laptop users
complaining of NTAuthority\System Status Code -1073741819 error messages when
attempting to login. The machines end up rebooting. Periodically, the users
will receive "The Handle is Invalid" error message prior to the NT Authority
message. Obviously, something is amiss. Has anyone else seen this today?

The system are stable in Safe Mode, but craps out in normal mode, with and
without the network cable plugged in. So far, the normal areas where worms,
etc. load are clean (at least, what I can gather from what the user is
relaying over the phone.). Antivirus is updated, however, patches are a
cycle behind. Upon stablizing the system, this will be the first thing to do.