From: Questor on
I know what you mean. I'm in my sixth decade myself. Have you tried
just uninstalling Firefox, establishing IE8 as your primary browser and
then doing a completely fresh install of the latest Firefox?

Questor

--->

From: Dr_No on
I'll try that soon but at the moment Firefox 3.6 seems to be behaving
itself. Most grateful for your interest, Best wishes.

From: Dr_No on
It's so easy to miss the obvious. Going into Internet Properties -
Programs - Make Internet Explorer the default browser - click and it's done!
Daft!