From: Evertjan. on
Adrienne Boswell wrote on 22 mrt 2010 in

> if checked = "1" then 'notice the " on either side of the 1
> checked = true
> else
> checked = false
> end if

Agreeing with all you wrote, Adrienne, I still think even a beginner
should know that testing for true/false this way is a bit of code
overkill, so I would do:

checked = checked = "1"

Morover,
because I'm to lazy to remember what the browser will return,
[my Chrome returns "on", I just found], I check for the absence of this
supposed trueness:

checked = checked <> ""

========= test.asp ==========
Returned text: <% = request.querystring("myCheckbox") %>
<hr>
Testing for "1": <% = request.querystring("myCheckbox")="1" %>
<hr>
Testing for "on": <% = request.querystring("myCheckbox")="on" %>
<hr>
Testing for not "": <% = request.querystring("myCheckbox")<>"" %>
<hr>
<form>
<input type='checkbox' name='myCheckbox' checked>
<input type='submit'>
</form>
=============================

This returns if checked and submitted:

Returned text: on
Testing for "1": False
Testing for "on": True
Testing for not "": True

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: MikeR on
mikezx10(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> Ok I have not read all the msg yet but this is my 1st post ever and
> also i inherited this code. so what is top posting?

Top posting is putting your replies on top of the stuff you're replying to, instead
of after it.

Mike