From: Jim Thomlinson on
It sound like you are creating and destroying the toolbar at the workbook
open events. I assume you are destroying the toolbar when you are done.
Instead of using this even try using the AddinInstall event something like
this... This way your toolbar does not need to be loaded each time and
perhaps your onaction will not have the conflict.

Private Sub Workbook_AddinInstall()
Call CreateMyToolbar
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_AddinUninstall()
Call DestroyMyToolbar
End Sub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: "Josh Sale" <jsale@tril dot on
Correct, I create the commandbars in the add-in's Workbook_Open event
handler and delete them in its Workbook_BeforeClose handler. The new
commandbars are created as temporary (4th argument to .Add is True) so that
they disappear in the event the code doesn't shutdown normally. I do this
because some of our users have multiple shortcuts that let them launch Excel
with or without this add-in installed. If they launch without the add-in I
don't want them to ever see my commandbars.

So a solution that requires that the commandbars be permanent doesn't sound
very good to me.

I'm a little fuzzy when the AddinInstall/AddinUninstall events are raised as
opposed to Workbook_Open/Workbook_BeforeClose.

From: Jim Thomlinson on
The install/unistall events are raised when the Tools-> Addins -> check or
uncheck is done. In this way you are not creating the toolbar every time
excel is opened. I was wondering if you might have a conflict if Two copies
of excel are opened almost simultaneously and the xla file is by the other
instance to create the toolbars. Like I said I don't have trouble with
multiple instances so this is a bit of a shot in the dark.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: "Josh Sale" <jsale@tril dot on
Thanks for the suggestion.

Here's our latest theory ... one of my colleagues noticed that this problem
seemed to be related to running these processes on the server in a Remote
Desktop session. Last night we ran over 1,000 messages through this
mechanism from the server's local console with no failures.

We're in the process of retesting this theory now.

From: Jim Thomlinson on
I love a good theory...
--
HTH...