From: Dennis on
I'd like my wireless card to automatically use certain IP addresses
when I connect to certain access points. Is there any way to do this?

ie:

When connecting to AP "linksys39" it should automatically use
192.168.0.1
When connecting to AP "dlink984" it should automatically use
192.168.1.100

Is there anyway to set this up? I'm tired of manually changing my ip/
gateway/dns settings.

TIA
From: Dennis on
On Nov 25, 10:47 am, Dennis <splif...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like my wireless card to automatically use certain IP addresses
> when I connect to certain access points. Is there any way to do this?
>
> ie:
>
> When connecting to AP "linksys39" it should automatically use
> 192.168.0.1
> When connecting to AP "dlink984" it should automatically use
> 192.168.1.100
>
> Is there anyway to set this up? I'm tired of manually changing my ip/
> gateway/dns settings.
>
> TIA

ps - I'm on Windows 7 and dhcp is not an option

From: Christopher A. Lee on
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:50:29 -0800 (PST), Dennis <spliffeh(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Nov 25, 10:47�am, Dennis <splif...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like my wireless card to automatically use certain IP addresses
>> when I connect to certain access points. Is there any way to do this?
>>
>> ie:
>>
>> When connecting to AP "linksys39" it should automatically use
>> 192.168.0.1
>> When connecting to AP "dlink984" it should automatically use
>> 192.168.1.100
>>
>> Is there anyway to set this up? I'm tired of manually changing my ip/
>> gateway/dns settings.
>>
>> TIA
>
>ps - I'm on Windows 7 and dhcp is not an option

Won't giving it different fixed IP addresses at the router do that?

You will have to do a manual connect instead of an automatic one
unless only one of them is powered on, otherwise it will always find
the one at the top of the list.

Of course you will have to manually connect to
From: Peter Pan on
"Dennis" <spliffeh(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd like my wireless card to automatically use certain IP addresses
> when I connect to certain access points. Is there any way to do this?
>
> ie:
>
> When connecting to AP "linksys39" it should automatically use
> 192.168.0.1
> When connecting to AP "dlink984" it should automatically use
> 192.168.1.100
>
> Is there anyway to set this up? I'm tired of manually changing my ip/
> gateway/dns settings.
>

> TIA

Why are you trying to overide the one assigned automatically? (ie... use
server assigned ip address, rather than force one in by saying use this
instead)

From: Aaron Leonard on
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:50:29 -0800 (PST), Dennis <spliffeh(a)gmail.com> wrote:

~ On Nov 25, 10:47�am, Dennis <splif...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
~ > I'd like my wireless card to automatically use certain IP addresses
~ > when I connect to certain access points. Is there any way to do this?
~ >
~ > ie:
~ >
~ > When connecting to AP "linksys39" it should automatically use
~ > 192.168.0.1
~ > When connecting to AP "dlink984" it should automatically use
~ > 192.168.1.100
~ >
~ > Is there anyway to set this up? I'm tired of manually changing my ip/
~ > gateway/dns settings.
~ >
~ > TIA
~
~ ps - I'm on Windows 7 and dhcp is not an option

Why is DHCP not an option?