From: Gus Richter on
On 1/26/2010 10:43 AM, BootNic wrote:
> padding-right != margin-right
>
> As in a previous post … adding a background-color will revael potential
> issues.

This is so. Thank you for pointing it out.

--
Gus

From: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson on
Gus Richter <gusrichter(a)netscape.net> writes:

> On 1/25/2010 9:34 PM, Gus Richter wrote:
>> If you actually want to get it so that the indent starts at a
>> variable point in SideText, then I believe you would have to use a
>> script. CSS alone can't handle it AFAIK. I would be tickled to have
>> someone show me a way.
>

> BootNic has shown the way. Thanks.

Yes, that's excactly what I was after. Thank you BootNic.

Johann
From: dorayme on
In article <WBx7n.3500$pv.3012(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
"rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:

> "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann(a)myrkraverk.com> wrote in message
> > "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> writes:
> >

> >> You are reqesting a set of constraints that simply cannot be
> >> described with CSS.
> >
> > I thought so, thank you for confirming that.
>

> Turns out I didn't think far enough, as BootNic pointed out.
>
> http://barefile.com.au/test/indenting.html
>
> Vary viewport width to see the effect.

Well done BootNic, (I slap my forehead), and well done rf for
urling it with simple markup.

OK, folks, technical problem solved enough. Next question: What
would be a *reasonable* practical use for this?

--
dorayme
From: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson on
dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> writes:

> In article <WBx7n.3500$pv.3012(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
>
>> "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann(a)myrkraverk.com> wrote in message

>> > I thought so, thank you for confirming that.
>>

>> Turns out I didn't think far enough, as BootNic pointed out.
>>
>> http://barefile.com.au/test/indenting.html
>>
>> Vary viewport width to see the effect.
>
> Well done BootNic, (I slap my forehead), and well done rf for
> urling it with simple markup.
>
> OK, folks, technical problem solved enough. Next question: What
> would be a *reasonable* practical use for this?

mind when I asked.

Johann
From: dorayme on
In article <m3ockgocfm.fsf(a)myrkraverk.com>,
Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson <johann(a)myrkraverk.com> wrote:

> dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> writes:
>
> > In article <WBx7n.3500$pv.3012(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> > "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann(a)myrkraverk.com> wrote in message

> >> Turns out I didn't think far enough, as BootNic pointed out.
> >>
> >> http://barefile.com.au/test/indenting.html
> >>
> >> Vary viewport width to see the effect.
> >
> > Well done BootNic, (I slap my forehead), and well done rf for
> > urling it with simple markup.
> >
> > OK, folks, technical problem solved enough. Next question: What
> > would be a *reasonable* practical use for this?

> mind when I asked.

It would be a bit odd to put in a blockquote that breaks up
around a float. It looks to me a bit confusing and goes against
the grain of the whole idea of it being a separate block. I know
I would design around this to avoid such a problem. Perhaps
others would feel different though?

What do you mean by "similar uses"? Hang on, are you not the OP?
Why are you needing to seem to guess? <g>

What is the real reason you wanted this (interesting enough)
technical problem solved?

--
dorayme