From: Percival P. Cassidy on
At some point I chose an option that was supposed to improve performance
for removable media at the expense of (IIRC) having to wait longer
before such devices could be removed.

Now I want to reverse that choice, but I cannot find it. Yes, I have
Googled but so far have not found what I want.

Anyone?

Perce
From: philo on
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> At some point I chose an option that was supposed to improve performance
> for removable media at the expense of (IIRC) having to wait longer
> before such devices could be removed.
>
> Now I want to reverse that choice, but I cannot find it. Yes, I have
> Googled but so far have not found what I want.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Perce

fast way to unmount removable media is to simply right click on the icon
and select "eject"
From: Nepatsfan on
"Percival P. Cassidy" <Nobody(a)NotMyISP.net> wrote in message
> At some point I chose an option that was supposed to improve performance
> for removable media at the expense of (IIRC) having to wait longer before
> such devices could be removed.
>
> Now I want to reverse that choice, but I cannot find it. Yes, I have
> Googled but so far have not found what I want.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Perce

See if this jogs your memory.

With the devices connected to your computer, open My Computer or Windows
Explorer.
Right click the drive in question and select Properties from the menu.
On the Properties sheet, click on the Hardware tab.
Make sure the drive you're looking to work with is selected in the list and
hit the Properties button.
In the drive's Properties sheet, click on the Policies tab.
Make the changes you want and click OK twice.

Note: You can also access the same Properties sheets through Device Manager.

Nepatsfan