From: Michele Carandente on
Hello,
I'm creating a mailserver based on postfix.
This mailserver will relay the outgoing email to a main mailserver.

There will be some accounts from some domain. So it could be that I
need to setup the "SMTP authentication" and "encrypted connections
(SSL)".

Do you know how to setup that values in postfix?

Thanks

From: Eero Volotinen on

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

--
Eero

From: Michele Carandente on
Guys may somebody confirm that with my option I can offer both "SMTP
authentication" and "encrypted connections (SSL)"?

I'm creating a simple GUI to configure an email in this mailserver and
I guess that with that options I don't need to add in the GUI the part
for "SMTP authentication" and "encrypted connections (SSL)"...
Right?

Thanks a lot

From: Michele Carandente on
I'm making a GUI to configure in an easy way my mailserver.
Anyway I had a look at both links and I've maked some changes:

####I've added this line to configure the encrypted SMTP session(TLS)
smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous
#Enabling TLS in the SMTP server
smtpd_tls_security_level = may

So now in the GUI I'll give the opportunity to choose the SMTP
authentication (YES or NOT) and the result of that will change this
line:
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes [or blank]

About the encrypted connection, I guess that with the option
'smtpd_tls_security_level = may' I don't need to change nothing in the
postfix configuration, so I don't need to add this feature in the GUI.

Do you agree?

Sorry for my questions, but I'm not a big expert of postfix and I'm
trying to understand a bit better his behaviour...

Thanks
Michele