From: Jacopo Cappelli on
I have three postfix as relay server on the dmz, and one exchange into
the inside that collect and distribute the mail...
We need to activate the smtp authentication on Exchange, but if we do
this the relay cannot send the mail to the exchange.
I need to activate the authentication between Postfix and Exchange.
It's possible? There is some page of manual that explain this?

Thanks very much,
Jacopo
--
Linux, Windows Xp ed MS-DOS
(anche conosciuti come il Bello, il Brutto ed il Cattivo).

From: Barney Desmond on
On 4 February 2010 21:10, Jacopo Cappelli <jacopo89(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have three postfix as relay server on the dmz, and one exchange into
> the inside that collect and distribute the mail...
> We need to activate the smtp authentication on Exchange, but if we do
> this the relay cannot send the mail to the exchange.
> I need to activate the authentication between Postfix and Exchange.
> It's possible? There is some page of manual that explain this?

You want Postfix to perform SMTP Auth when it connects to the Exchange
server, to relay mail? You probably want this:

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl

From: Barney Desmond on
On 4 February 2010 22:46, Jacopo Cappelli <jacopo89(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> main.cf
> smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
> smtp_sasl_security_options =
> relayhost = 192.168.0.10
>
> sasl_password
> 192.168.0.10       user(a)domain.org:mypassword
>
> But not work.
> said: 454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to submit mail to this
> server. (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

Then you'll need to check the logs on the Exchange server, to see why
you're being rejected. You may wish to increase logging in postfix to
confirm that it's actually attempting SMTP Auth (I've never set this
up before myself).

You should enclose your relayhost's address in square brackets, as
documented. It tells postfix that it's a literal IP address, and not a
name to lookup. Eg.