From: Wesley Vogel on
SETUPAPI.dll is a file which installers and setup applications use.

SETUPAPI.dll is a Windows XP file.

Conexant Systems manufactures modems. There is also software that comes
with the modems.

This link lists all Conexant Systems...
Products & Tech Info
http://www.conexant.com/products/

What kind of modem do you have? What brand is it? Is it a Conexant modem?

Do a Search on your machine for UIUCU.exe.
The folder or folder path UIUCU.exe is in will offer clues.
When found, right click UIUCU.exe, select Properties and click the Version
tab.
Click a category on the left to display the information on the right.

Other version information
Item Name:
Company
File Version
Internal Name
Language
Original File Name
Product Name
Product Version

Sometimes, if someone was really industrious, there is info under the
Summary tab also.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2523923C-7727-4D49-997B-7C5379DE7F95(a)microsoft.com,
bcnu <bcnu(a)discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

From: bcnu on
I think you've turned the light bulb on for me. This worked (I have
2.1.5.0). I didn't realize cnexant made the modems so I'll find out what
kind I have and work with the link you have provided. Thank you very much, I
finally feel I am moments away from solving this problem, but I also feel
that it's not much of an issue since I use broadband. Both are good news.

Thanx again.

From: Wesley Vogel on
What is 2.1.5.0?

In order to use broadband you still need a modem, unless you're referring an
old onboard dial up modem.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:C0D9B939-BB9E-4E93-AF46-F2B9F79897A4(a)microsoft.com,