Prev: help
Next: mshtml.hlp
From: Roman King on
I would like to now under what situation I should use sfc/scannow.
When I had lots of problem with my computer, I could use sfc /scannow.
But I do not know what exactly sfc/ scannow does.
Please enlighten me. Thanks. Roman

From: John John on
If you think system files have been overwritten or damaged or that they
may be mismatched running SFC could fix things.

Description of the Windows File Protection feature
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193

John

From: Gerry on
Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System
File Checker (Sfc.exe)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Roman King on
How can you tell system files were overwritten or corrupted?

Roman

From: John John on
That is the $64,000 question! ;-)

If you get error messages telling you that dll's are missing you might
want to run the command. If you are having problems and if Windows or
Internet Explorer are not running properly you might want to run the
command.

John

Roman King wrote:

> How can you tell system files were overwritten or corrupted?
>
> Roman
>

> "John John" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>
>>If you think system files have been overwritten or damaged or that they
>>may be mismatched running SFC could fix things.
>>
>>Description of the Windows File Protection feature
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
>>
>>John
>>
>>Roman King wrote:
>>

>>>I would like to now under what situation I should use sfc/scannow.
>>>When I had lots of problem with my computer, I could use sfc /scannow.
>>>But I do not know what exactly sfc/ scannow does.
>>>Please enlighten me. Thanks. Roman
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: help