From: Greg Mohr on
Out of the blue about 3 weeks ago my Sharepoint server on SBS 2003 started
throwing an Error page: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform
this action or access this resource. Access requests are not enabled.

I have searched for a solution and have tried the steps in KB 823278, as I
cannot access any pages with any user ID. The page
http://server/_layouts/1033/user.aspx, returns a page not found error. I am
totally stumped and have absolutely no idea where to go at this point. Can
any point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Greg
From: Glen on
Hey Greg
I am having the exact same problem on 2 client servers (both sbs 2003). The
admin on the first site said this started happening around October 2009, I am
the admin for the second site and with a new SBS setup I get this error after
doing the initial updates.
On the first install I though that something must have been corrupt during
the install, so I re-installed. On the second install I tested everything
before I did updates and sure as jolly, after the initial 96 or so updates
the company web no longer worked. I am going to start with a process of
ellimination with the updates by uninstalling and testing.

After sitting for a long time and trying this and that, I have found that if
you set security in the properties of "companyweb" under IIS in the server
manager to "basic authentication" you can "logon" to the company web - but
nothing else I have tried works.

Glen

Pages: 1
Prev: search.asmx 401