From: Gamer Z on
I'll use whatever I find suitable in that MSDN link given. Thanks for
all of the great responses!
From: Charlie Gibbs on
In article <4be508d6$0$2149$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>, Jackie(a)an.on
(Jackie) writes:

> I can think of a few things. Using named pipes, sockets or Windows
> messages, for example. Actually, please take a look here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365574%28VS.85%29.aspx

I first used DDEML, then gratefully gave it up for WM_COPYDATA
messages. These days I prefer sockets; they allow the two
processes to be running on different machines, even different
OSes.

--
/~\ cgibbs(a)kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)

From: David Schwartz on
On May 7, 9:56 pm, Gamer Z <gamerz...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm creating my own sort of command prompt which requires that the
> programs executed through it are able to communicate with the console,
> so that these programs can actually have the console display
> something. The method I'm thinking of requires direct communication
> between processes, but the only way I can think of is writing to the
> hard disk, which is inefficient and inadvisable.

Why not use the file system?

"Specifying the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY attribute causes file systems
to avoid writing data back to mass storage if sufficient cache memory
is available ..."

DS
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2