From: joe002 on
I have one computer with multiple logins (accounts) and use Outlook 2003 for
my email. I use the same outlook.pst file with all of the users. I've had
this configuration for years and it works great for me.

Now I want to use the Safe Senders and Blocked Senders list for all of the
uses on my computer. Unfortunately, it appears that each user has their own
Safe Sender and Blocked Sender list. I want to share each list for each user,
but can't figure out how to do it.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"joe002" <joe002(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have one computer with multiple logins (accounts) and use Outlook 2003 for
> my email. I use the same outlook.pst file with all of the users. I've had
> this configuration for years and it works great for me.
>
> Now I want to use the Safe Senders and Blocked Senders list for all of the
> uses on my computer. Unfortunately, it appears that each user has their own
> Safe Sender and Blocked Sender list. I want to share each list for each
> user,
> but can't figure out how to do it.

You are correct. Each person has his or her own Safe Sender list. The only
way to share yours is to export it, give or send it to others, and have them
import it. You'll need to do this every time you change it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: joe002 on
Thanks for the response - I was afraid of that. Yeah, I thought of the export
import thing too, but it isn't very practical when each user may
independently update their list.

Too bad there isn't just a simple path to point to the lists like there is
for many of the other files.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Too bad there isn't just a simple path to point to the lists like there is
> for many of the other files.

Even if there were, you couldn't share it. Outlook doesn't allow sharing of
its files.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: joe002 on

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Even if there were, you couldn't share it. Outlook doesn't allow sharing of
> its files.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I do successfully “share” the outlook.pst file. I put it in a shared folder
on my computer and anyone that logs in can open Outlook and send/receive
email. The only thing you can't do is have Outlook open on two desktops at
one time, but we don't really find that a problem with our use of the
computer. I was just hoping the list would work the same way.