Prev: INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768
Next: Finding deleted history/temporary internet files
From: NOD32 user on 13 Feb 2005 10:20
There's been many reports recently of users being stuck with an error
closing 'shelliconhiddenwindow' when trying to shutdown / restart their
computer. Through trial and error some have correctly identified an
update to MusicMatch Jukebox as the culprit. MusicMatch have released a
further update that successfully resolves this issue and it may be
applied by following the MusicMatch Technical Support email quoted
NOTE:- Jukebox 'Plus' users get free priority technical support.
..... We released a newer build of the Musicmatch Jukebox that has
seemed to resolve the issue with the white pixel and the shell icon
I apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing using Musicmatch
I would like to have you uninstall and reinstall Musicmatch Jukebox by
doing the following:
- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click "Control Panel".
- Click "Add or Remove Programs".
- Select "Musicmatch Jukebox".
- Click the "Change/Remove" button.
- Select "Yes" if you are asked to verify that you want to remove any
- Reboot your PC.
Once your system has restarted, please continue with the following:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the Musicmatch installation directory (typically
- Rename this folder to "Musicmatch OLD"
- Reinstall Musicmatch Jukebox by running the setup file downloaded
from the following URL:
- Reboot your PC once again.
If the problem is resolved with this new version and you wish to
restore your library and playlists, you can do the following:
- Close Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Drag the Library and Playlist folders from the "Musicmatch
OLD\Musicmatch Jukebox" directory to the newly installed C:\Program
Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\ directory.
- Reopen Musicmatch Jukebox.
If you have purchased Musicmatch Jukebox Plus, please be sure to
re-enter your key once you've reinstalled the software to enable the
To enter your key, please do the following:
- Open Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Click the "Help" menu.
- Click the "Registration" menu option.
- Select the "Enter Key" menu option.
Enter your 20-character key in the field provided. When entering your
key please ensure that you enter it in all caps, and that you include
the hyphens. We suggest that you copy your key from your purchase
confirmation email, and then paste it into the "Enter Key" field. This
will prevent any possible typing mistakes.
If you continue to experience trouble, please submit your diagnostic
The Musicmatch Technical Support system is designed to ensure that we
have all of the information we need in order to troubleshoot and
resolve your issue as quickly and accurately as possible.
To submit diagnostic logs, please do the following:
- Go to:
- Select the appropriate component issue.
- Click on "clicking here" under Personalized Tech Support via Email.
- Enter your Musicmatch Jukebox Plus key or your Musicmatch username
- Click "Next".
- Please complete all questions to the best of your ability and provide
an update to your issue.
Please let us know if we can offer further assistance.