From: Ben Bacarisse on
srikanth <srikanth007m(a)gmail.com> writes:
<snip>
> The progress bar is showing very slowly.

Just in case it suits better (you seem to have GUI programs running)
many systems have a suite of dialogue-box programs that can be used from
scripts. For example:

(for p in $(seq 1 100); do echo $p; sleep 0.1; done) | \
zenity --progress --auto-close

the key bit being zenity(1). Very far from standard but very useful in
some situations.

<snip>
--
Ben.
From: srikanth on
On Jun 9, 9:41 pm, Ben Bacarisse <ben.use...(a)bsb.me.uk> wrote:
> srikanth <srikanth0...(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> <snip>
>
> > The progress bar is showing very slowly.
>
> Just in case it suits better (you seem to have GUI programs running)
> many systems have a suite of dialogue-box programs that can be used from
> scripts.  For example:
>
>   (for p in $(seq 1 100); do echo $p; sleep 0.1; done) | \
>       zenity --progress --auto-close
>
> the key bit being zenity(1).  Very far from standard but very useful in
> some situations.
>
> <snip>
> --
> Ben.

Sorry, I don't have any additional packages installed on my linux box.
Only basic things will work.