From: hellokareem on
I am really sorry for this misunderstanding
actually I need only selection, not open..
( has to be shown where is the rendered out put is. so need to be
opened that folder and select that file).
From: Tom Serface on
Ah, that makes sense. Sorry for my misunderstanding. Yes, you are right,
the CFileDialog would not be useful for that :o)

Tom

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
As an example, the SAPI code is among the worst-written code Microsoft delivers; in
Unicode, it completely fails to compile. THey call 8-bit string functions. If the
strings implicitly became Unicode, this code would break. Wait. It's already broken.

I think an option to make all string literals "compiled according to option" to be not
unreasonable, as long as we have some styntax that can always override the default, e.g.,
A"abc" is always an ANSI (horrible name, that!) 8-bit string, and L"abc" is ALWAYS a
Unicode string, and an undecorated string works as if it is _T(). Life WOULD be a lot
simpler.
joe

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com