From: st256 on

>"Shenon"?
>
>might you mean "Shannon"? if so, which one? the Sampling theorem
>(often associated with other names like Nyquist or Whittaker or
>Kotelnikov)? the information content of a message? the channel
>information capacity theorem (Shannon-Hartley)?
>
>dunno about the rooskie version of Wikipedia, but the english version
>has proofs, i think.
>
>r b-j

Thank you very much!

Of course, I meaned "Shannon", sorry!
There is the authentic Shannon's proof in Wikipedia indeed. I look for a
correct proof of sampling theorem because authentic proofs sometimes are
not correct one enough.
From: Les Cargill on
st256 wrote:

>> "Shenon"?
>>
>> might you mean "Shannon"? if so, which one? the Sampling theorem
>> (often associated with other names like Nyquist or Whittaker or
>> Kotelnikov)? the information content of a message? the channel
>> information capacity theorem (Shannon-Hartley)?
>>
>> dunno about the rooskie version of Wikipedia, but the english version
>> has proofs, i think.
>>
>> r b-j
>>

> Thank you very much!
>
> Of course, I meaned "Shannon", sorry!
> There is the authentic Shannon's proof in Wikipedia indeed. I look for a
> correct proof of sampling theorem because authentic proofs sometimes are
> not correct one enough.

The Wikipedia one is fine.

--
Les Cargill
From: robert bristow-johnson on
On Apr 6, 8:03 pm, Les Cargill <lcargil...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> st256 wrote:
>
> >> "Shenon"?
>
> >> might you mean "Shannon"?  if so, which one?  the Sampling theorem
> >> (often associated with other names like Nyquist or Whittaker or
> >> Kotelnikov)?  the information content of a message?  the channel
> >> information capacity theorem (Shannon-Hartley)?
>
> >> dunno about the rooskie version of Wikipedia, but the english version
> >> has proofs, i think.
>
> > There is the authentic Shannon's proof in Wikipedia indeed. I look for a
> > correct proof of sampling theorem because authentic proofs sometimes are
> > not correct one enough.
>
> The Wikipedia one is fine.

well, it all depends on how anal one wants to get regarding the dirac
impulse and dirac comb.

if you want to make your math prof happy, perhaps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisson_summation_formula

will be more rigorous. but i am comfortable with the "engineering"
definition and usage of the dirac delta function, so the proof in
Nyquist-Shannon sampling theorem is good enough for me.

r b-j
From: Clay on
On Apr 6, 11:44 pm, robert bristow-johnson <r...(a)audioimagination.com>
wrote:

> > > There is the authentic Shannon's proof in Wikipedia indeed. I look for a
> > > correct proof of sampling theorem because authentic proofs sometimes are
> > > not correct one enough.
>
> > The Wikipedia one is fine.
>
> well, it all depends on how anal one wants to get regarding the dirac
> impulse and dirac comb.
>
> if you want to make your math prof happy, perhaps
>
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisson_summation_formula

That's a nice writeup on the Poisson formula. I learned of the formula
from the "Hand of Integration" (Zwillinger) which is full of many
tricks for handling seemingly impossible integrals.

Thx,
Clay