From: st256 on
Hi,

could anybody to provide me with a reference to a correct Shenon's theorem
proving?

Thank you.
From: dvsarwate on
On Apr 5, 10:09 am, Clay <c...(a)claysturner.com> wrote:

> Shannon's paper "A Mathematical Theory of Communication" used to be on
> the web for free.

But the OP wanted a *correct* proof of Shannon's
noisy channel coding theorem (or so I think), and
Shannon's proof does not cross all the i's and dot
all the t's to a mathematician's satisfaction.

From: Clay on
On Apr 5, 4:05 pm, dvsarwate <dvsarw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 5, 10:09 am, Clay <c...(a)claysturner.com> wrote:
>

> > Shannon's paper "A Mathematical Theory of Communication" used to be on
> > the web for free.
>
> But the OP wanted a *correct* proof of Shannon's
> noisy channel coding theorem (or so I think), and
> Shannon's proof does not cross all the i's and dot
> all the t's to a mathematician's satisfaction.

A rigourous proof of the noisy coding theorem may be found starting on
page 107 of Coding and Information Theory by Steven Roman (1992)
Springer Verlag.

The aformentioned book also includes details on the noiseless coding
theorem as well.

Clay

From: Symon on
On 4/5/2010 10:01 PM, Clay wrote:

> A rigourous proof of the noisy coding theorem
>
> Clay

Hmm. If it is provable, it is no longer a theorem. It becomes true.
HTH., Syms.
From: Steve Pope on
Symon <symon_brewer(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 4/5/2010 10:01 PM, Clay wrote:

>> A rigourous proof of the noisy coding theorem

>Hmm. If it is provable, it is no longer a theorem. It becomes true.

You may be confusing theorem and theory, but I can't prove it.

Steve