From: laurie_g on
Hi
I have Office 2007 - in all previous versions of Word, Shift+F5 successfully
moved me to the last placed I was working in a document.

In Word 2007, however, it is not working. I have 2 co-workers and we all
have just upgraded from the Trial version to Office Pro 2007 and it does not
work for any of us.

is there a setting somewhere to enable it?
From: Cindy M. on
Hi =?Utf-8?B?bGF1cmllX2c=?=,

> I have Office 2007 - in all previous versions of Word, Shift+F5 successfully
> moved me to the last placed I was working in a document.
>
> In Word 2007, however, it is not working. I have 2 co-workers and we all
> have just upgraded from the Trial version to Office Pro 2007 and it does not
> work for any of us.
>
> is there a setting somewhere to enable it?

Mmm, this is interesting. I tried, and it also didn't work for me. So I went
looking in "all commands" to see if it is still available. It is. I ran it, and
it worked.

So then I checked whether the keyboard customization had perhaps been removed.
No, it was still there. But to play it safe, I assigned an additional shortcut.
Now, no matter which shortcut I try, including Shift+F5, they all work.

Next step was to test what happens when I close and restart Word. Same problem,
but...

See if this works for you: press Shift+F5 (nothing will happen). Now type
something and try Shift+F5 again. For me, it now works. Except that it won't
find anything you did before you pressed it the first time. Do you see the
same?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

From: laurie_g on
Hi Cindy
No, I still can't get it to work. Others have posted that it works fine for
them in the latest version of Word. I will play around with it some more and
see if I can find the secret.

I've tried it with documents that were created in earlier versions of Word
(opened in compatibility mode in Word 2007) and it works... but not in newly
created documents in 2007.

Laurie

From: Poprivet on
laurie_g wrote:
> Hi Cindy
> No, I still can't get it to work. Others have posted that it works
> fine for them in the latest version of Word. I will play around with
> it some more and see if I can find the secret.
>
> I've tried it with documents that were created in earlier versions of
> Word (opened in compatibility mode in Word 2007) and it works... but
> not in newly created documents in 2007.
>
> Laurie
>
> "laurie_g" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I have Office 2007 - in all previous versions of Word, Shift+F5
>> successfully moved me to the last placed I was working in a document.
>>
>> In Word 2007, however, it is not working. I have 2 co-workers and we
>> all have just upgraded from the Trial version to Office Pro 2007 and
>> it does not work for any of us.
>>
>> is there a setting somewhere to enable it?

You have to close and reopen the document at least once, I think. That's
how it is here anyway.

From: laurie_g on
yes the documents and the application have been open/closed several times but
SHIFT+F5 nor ALT+CTRL+Z take you to the last place you worked on the document
when you open it.