From: Simon on
I have a form that is based on a query that shows all the products i
sell, onthe form i have a search text feild, so i can type in the
product then click a button that requerys and only displays the
products with that text in, this works fine, but i the form takes a
long time to load the first time, is there a way i can have it the
form loads with no data then i type in product name then when i clcik
the button it loads the data/query.

Just looking at ways to speed it up
From: Chris Emery on
Put the first search field on a separate form where the 'after update' event
for the search field opens the existing form already filtered.

From: Steve on
Open the form in design view then go to Properties - Data and delete the
Recordsource (the query). Next go to the Click event code of the button and
add this code at the beginning:
Me.Recordsource = "NameOfTheQuery"
Finally, delete the code line that requerys. When you set the recordsource,
that will do the same thing as requery.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

"Simon" <S.Dickson(a)shos.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a form that is based on a query that shows all the products i
> sell, onthe form i have a search text feild, so i can type in the
> product then click a button that requerys and only displays the
> products with that text in, this works fine, but i the form takes a
> long time to load the first time, is there a way i can have it the
> form loads with no data then i type in product name then when i clcik
> the button it loads the data/query.
>
> Just looking at ways to speed it up

Pages: 1
Prev: order number in query