From: embark on
Hello folks:
is there a simple way to create a shortcut ( an icon on desktop or
in some directory ) pointing to an URL, either in case that the
browser is displaying the page or not.

Thanks.

From: Grinder on
On 7/20/2010 2:05 PM, embark wrote:
> Hello folks:
> is there a simple way to create a shortcut ( an icon on desktop or
> in some directory ) pointing to an URL, either in case that the
> browser is displaying the page or not.

A *.url file is not very complicated. I dragged one to the desktop,
renamed it to get rid of the *.url extension, and opened it with a text
editor. Here is what was inside:

[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://www.google.com/

You should be able to create that with basic text out routines.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=url+file+format

From: Dee Earley on
On 20/07/2010 21:07, Grinder wrote:
> On 7/20/2010 2:05 PM, embark wrote:
>> Hello folks:
>> is there a simple way to create a shortcut ( an icon on desktop or
>> in some directory ) pointing to an URL, either in case that the
>> browser is displaying the page or not.
>
> A *.url file is not very complicated. I dragged one to the desktop,
> renamed it to get rid of the *.url extension, and opened it with a text
> editor. Here is what was inside:
>
> [InternetShortcut]
> URL=http://www.google.com/
>
> You should be able to create that with basic text out routines.
>
> http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=url+file+format

Or, seeing as it's an ini format file, a single call to
WritePrivateProfileString()

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team