From: Whenever on
I have lost my show desktop icin how do I locate it again
Rob

From: Bruce Hagen on

"Whenever" <qwerty(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>I have lost my show desktop icin how do I locate it again
> Rob

How to re-create the Show Desktop icon on the Quick Launch toolbar:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Leonard Grey on
"How to re-create the Show desktop icon on the Quick Launch toolbar in
Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Tim Meddick on
To get your "Show Desktop" file back...

Either: 1). Search for a copy of the file "Desktop.scf" in the Windows folder then
copy it to your "Quick Launch" folder or drag and drop it onto the "Quick Launch"
area of the TaskBar. Or...

2). If you cannot locate the file on your hard-drive, copy and paste the
following text into a plain text file using NotePad...

------------------- copy between lines -------------------

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

....save the file to your desktop and then re-name the saved file as Desktop.scf
You will need to turn on "show file extensions for known types" in Control
Panel > Folder Options first, so you will be able to re-name the file including it's
extension).
Then, as above, copy or drag and drop this new file onto the "Quick Launch"
area of the TaskBar.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)