From: "tcebob" handle on
Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe" How can I make
them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"?

tcebob

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message
> Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe"
> How can I make
> them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"?
>
> tcebob

The "Type" column (if displayed) tells you that it is a shortcut.

From: Lem on
tcebob wrote:
> Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe" How can I make
> them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"?
>
> tcebob

Are the items on your desktop really shortcuts or are they the actual
executable files? Right-click and select properties. Look at the
"General" tab. If the size is just a few bytes (less than 4 KB "on
disk") it's almost certainly a shortcut. Much larger and it's probably
the program itself.

If they're really shortcuts, what happens if you delete one and then
re-create it by right-clicking the actual exe file and selecting "Send
to > Desktop (create shortcut)"? Does the newly-created shortcut have
the exe extension?

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: ju.c on
Delete the registry value "IsShortcut" from this key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile

ju.c

From: "tcebob" handle on
Not in the registry. Closest is InkEd.InkEdit, which is empty.

rs

"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message
: Delete the registry value "IsShortcut" from this key:
:
: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile
:
:
: ju.c
:
:
: "tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message
: > Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe" How can I
make
: > them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"?
: >
: > tcebob
: >
: >