From: Max on
How can the sub below be modified to a sheet level code that works like the
pop-up DV input message (ie when DV cell is selected, the input message will
show)? Or any other sub which can give the same functionality - when cell
(within a defined range on the sheet) is selected, show the shape "txt1",
when cell is deselected, hide the shape? Thanks

Sub T_Box1()
If ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = True
Else
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False
End If
End Sub
From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi Max

Try the below..(Sheet event)

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:B2")) Is Nothing Then

--
Jacob

From: Max on
Thanks, Jacob. I need the shape display to sort-of follow/float next to the
cell selected (just like the DV's input message) as the defined range is a
long col eg A20:A200, and the shape won't be visible once I select cells
further down in that range
From: Jacob Skaria on
OK Max. Try out the below

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
Me.Shapes("txt1").Left = Target.Left + Target.Width
Me.Shapes("txt1").Top = Target.Top

From: Max on
Superb. Many thanks, Jacob.
 |  Next  |  Last