From: Maw on
Hi all,
i want find a way to show in a popup or in ie windows a status message
of the script:

......part of the some script in a loop

For Each objUser in objOldOU
strstreetAddress = objUser.Get("streetAddress")
'wscript.echo strstreetAddress
Select Case (strstreetAddress)
Case "MI- Europa"
oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Europa,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
objUser.Put "scriptPath", "europa.cmd"
MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 1"
Case "Cavallotti"
oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Cavallotti,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
objUser.Put "scriptPath", "cavallotti.cmd"
MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 2"
Case "Broletto"
oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Broletto,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
objUser.Put "scriptPath", "broletto.cmd"
MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 3"
Case "Mi - Sempione"
oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Sempione,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
objUser.Put "scriptPath", "sempione.cmd"
MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 4"
End Select
objUser.SetInfo
Set objNewOU = GetObject(oudest)
WSCRIPT.ECHO MESSAGE
objNewOU.MoveHere objUser.ADsPath, vbNullString

It's possible open a message and close it after some second without
the user click on some button?
Thx in advance.

Maw

From: Tom Lavedas on
On Jun 10, 11:38 am, Maw <maw81...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> i want find a way to show in a popup or in ie windows a status message
> of the script:
>
> .....part of the some script in a loop
>
> For Each objUser in objOldOU
>         strstreetAddress = objUser.Get("streetAddress")
>         'wscript.echo strstreetAddress
>         Select Case (strstreetAddress)
>         Case "MI- Europa"
>         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Europa,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
>         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "europa.cmd"
>         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 1"
>         Case "Cavallotti"
>         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Cavallotti,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
>         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "cavallotti.cmd"
>         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 2"
>         Case "Broletto"
>         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Broletto,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
>         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "broletto.cmd"
>         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 3"
>         Case "Mi - Sempione"
>         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Sempione,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
>         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "sempione.cmd"
>         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 4"
>         End Select
>         objUser.SetInfo
>         Set objNewOU = GetObject(oudest)
>         WSCRIPT.ECHO MESSAGE
>         objNewOU.MoveHere objUser.ADsPath, vbNullString
>
> It's possible open a message and close it after some second without
> the user click on some button?
> Thx in advance.
>
> Maw

The simplest solution if the Wscript.Shell Popup function ...

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Popup "Your message here", 5, "Title", vbOkay +
vbExclamation

See the WSH documentation for more information.
WSH 5.6+ documentation download (URL all one line)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207D-4BE1-8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en

The other approach is to build your own adaptable display through the
IE document object model. I've posted a number of examples here in
the past. Try a groups.google search.
_____________________
Tom Lavedas
From: "Dave "Crash" Dummy" on
Tom Lavedas wrote:

<snipped>

> The other approach is to build your own adaptable display through the
> IE document object model. I've posted a number of examples here in
> the past. Try a groups.google search.

I like using HTA scripts for dynamic displays.
--
Crash

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do."
~ B. F. Skinner ~
From: Maw on
On 10 Giu, 19:28, Tom Lavedas <tglba...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 11:38 am, Maw <maw81...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> > i want find a way to show in a popup or in ie windows a status message
> > of the script:
>
> > .....part of the some script in a loop
>
> > For Each objUser in objOldOU
> >         strstreetAddress = objUser.Get("streetAddress")
> >         'wscript.echo strstreetAddress
> >         Select Case (strstreetAddress)
> >         Case "MI- Europa"
> >         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Europa,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
> >         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "europa.cmd"
> >         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 1"
> >         Case "Cavallotti"
> >         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Cavallotti,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
> >         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "cavallotti.cmd"
> >         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 2"
> >         Case "Broletto"
> >         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Broletto,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
> >         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "broletto.cmd"
> >         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 3"
> >         Case "Mi - Sempione"
> >         oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Sempione,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC
> >         objUser.Put "scriptPath", "sempione.cmd"
> >         MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 4"
> >         End Select
> >         objUser.SetInfo
> >         Set objNewOU = GetObject(oudest)
> >         WSCRIPT.ECHO MESSAGE
> >         objNewOU.MoveHere objUser.ADsPath, vbNullString
>
> > It's possible open a message and close it after some second without
> > the user click on some button?
> > Thx in advance.
>
> > Maw
>
> The simplest solution if the Wscript.Shell Popup function ...
>
>   Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
>   WshShell.Popup "Your message here", 5, "Title", vbOkay +
> vbExclamation
>
> See the WSH documentation for more information.
> WSH 5.6+ documentation download (URL all one line)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207...
>
> The other approach is to build your own adaptable display through the
> IE document object model.  I've posted a number of examples here in
> the past.  Try a groups.google search.
> _____________________
> Tom Lavedas

Hi,
i like the WshShell.Popup but i don't want the button, it's possible?

And HTA for me it's a new way, i don't know the code!!!

thx
From: "Dave "Crash" Dummy" on
Maw wrote:
> On 10 Giu, 19:28, Tom Lavedas <tglba...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>> On Jun 10, 11:38 am, Maw <maw81...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all, i want find a way to show in a popup or in ie windows a
>>> status message of the script: .....part of the some script in a
>>> loop For Each objUser in objOldOU strstreetAddress =
>>> objUser.Get("streetAddress") 'wscript.echo strstreetAddress
>>> Select Case (strstreetAddress) Case "MI- Europa" oudest =
>>> "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Europa,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC objUser.Put
>>> "scriptPath", "europa.cmd" MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 1" Case
>>> "Cavallotti" oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Cavallotti,ou=Sedi," &
>>> varDomainNC objUser.Put "scriptPath", "cavallotti.cmd" MESSAGE =
>>> "SELECT CASE 2" Case "Broletto" oudest =
>>> "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Broletto,ou=Sedi," & varDomainNC objUser.Put
>>> "scriptPath", "broletto.cmd" MESSAGE = "SELECT CASE 3" Case "Mi -
>>> Sempione" oudest = "LDAP://ou=Utenti,ou=Sempione,ou=Sedi," &
>>> varDomainNC objUser.Put "scriptPath", "sempione.cmd" MESSAGE =
>>> "SELECT CASE 4" End Select objUser.SetInfo Set objNewOU =
>>> GetObject(oudest) WSCRIPT.ECHO MESSAGE objNewOU.MoveHere
>>> objUser.ADsPath, vbNullString It's possible open a message and
>>> close it after some second without the user click on some button?
>>> Thx in advance. Maw
>> The simplest solution if the Wscript.Shell Popup function ...
>>
>> Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") WshShell.Popup "Your
>> message here", 5, "Title", vbOkay + vbExclamation
>>
>> See the WSH documentation for more information. WSH 5.6+
>> documentation download (URL all one
>> line)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207...
>>

>> The other approach is to build your own adaptable display through
>> the IE document object model. I've posted a number of examples
>> here in the past. Try a groups.google search.
>> _____________________ Tom Lavedas
>

> Hi, i like the WshShell.Popup but i don't want the button, it's
> possible?

No.

> And HTA for me it's a new way, i don't know the code!!!

It is the same as a scripted web page except with a HTA extension
instead of HTM, and you have all the privileges of a VBS script.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_Application
--
Crash

"When you get to a fork in the road, take it."
~ Yogi Berra ~