From: Phoenix on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:53:27 -0700, "Kalkidas" <eat(a)joes.pub> wrote:
> Believe it or not, I'm using Sonar on a netbook with 576 pixel
vertical
> resolution. Some plug-in windows go off the bottom of the screen
and they
> have no scroll bar, so I can't access the controls at the bottom.

> Anyone heard of an app that will shrink these windows?

Someone posted on the CW forum that they were running Sonar on a
netbook. I'll see if I can find the thread; ask about plugin window
size. I'm curious myself. Got my new laptop but there are times when
I wouldn't need (or want to have to worry about ) it; like taking
just a pignose amp today jam. Sometime down The road that is.
From: Steve_Karl on
I know some plugins ( the one I have that has it is Absynth3 )
can be tweaked in the Cakewalk VST Wrapper to be a different size than the normal default.
You might want to check in there and see if any of yours can also.

SK

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:4bb251a5$0$31265$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Congrats on your almost done purchase! ;)
> >
> > Thanks!
> > I've bought Scotch that costs more and was done in a month <g>
>
> Lasted a month??? What was it like a gallon bottle? ;)

LOL!
hehe...nah, I just save the good stuff for special occasions :-)

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Lasted a month??? What was it like a gallon bottle? ;)
> >
> > LOL!
> > hehe...nah, I just save the good stuff for special occasions :-)
>
> Oh, I don't have that much control! ;)

Well, my 'everyday' Scotch is still single malt :)

(I have a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue but I'd still take a single malt any
day)

Poly

From: Kalkidas on

> The killer robot "Kalkidas" <eat(a)joes.pub> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> Never heard of anything that can do that. Cake just needs to get off
>>> their
>>> duff and implement full GUI scaling like Reaper has. I run Reaper on
>>> my Eee PC netbook at 80% of full scale, which makes it and the plugs
>>> fit the screen well.
>>
>> Really? Is that "80% of full scale" a feature or Reaper itself?
>
> Yeah, in the "Advanced UI/System tweaks" in Reaper, you can set the GUI to
> scale up or down to fit better on smaller or larger screens. The plugs
> don't get scaled, but they get scroll bars if they exceed the screen size.

I must have done something wrong. I set the scale to 0.7 and nothing
happened. Restarted, tried several numbers. No result. I'm using an HP Mini.