From: Lou-Jean on
Thanks for your advice. I'll keep trying.

What really confuses me is that it occurs on old versions of the database
that hadn't been touched. I guess I should go back to our Help(less) Desk
people and ask them this question. But do you know if there were any patches,
updates, whatever, recently released that could have caused some sort of
quirk in the program?
From: Advance Scout on
Advance Scout wrote:
> Lou-Jean wrote:
>> I'm using 2002. The problem has just recently started. In updating a
>> form, moving from Design View to Form View, or just saving the form,
>> Access will just shut down with no warning.
>> Everything was running fine around Monday of one week, but later that
>> same week is when the issue started. It only happens on that one
>> form. I've gone back to several previous backups that never had this
>> problem, and they are suddently doing the same thing on this same
>> form. I had another person try it on her machine, and the same thing
>> happened. No warning, no error message, just full application shut down.
>

> Did you change the name of a field in a table that a query in the form
> references??? if you did and then didnt update the query, I think that
> could cause it. Since all the backup forms are crashing , the problem
> could be a field in the table.

just try this- turn off your name auto correct function- it will take
you two seconds and you will know if a query in the form is causing your
issue. Heres the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319491
From: Lou-Jean on
The Name Auto Correct was already unchecked.
So I'm still hunting. Thanks.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: climing