From: Lou-Jean on
I'm using 2002. The problem has just recently started. In updating a form,
moving from Design View to Form View, or just saving the form, Access will
just shut down with no warning.
Everything was running fine around Monday of one week, but later that same
week is when the issue started. It only happens on that one form.
I've gone back to several previous backups that never had this problem, and
they are suddently doing the same thing on this same form.
I had another person try it on her machine, and the same thing happened. No
warning, no error message, just full application shut down.
From: Jerry Whittle on
Smart troubleshooting about checking it with backups. I had to restrain my
knee-jerk reaction about saying it was a corruption issue. It still might be
a possibility, but not likely as backups have the same issue.

The question is: What has changed? Since it happens on older versions of the
database, it's probably not the form itself. It also happens on other
computers, so that gives a clue.

I wonder if there was a recent update from Microsoft. Microsoft often does
auto updates on Tuesday nights and that would fit in with the working on
Monday.

Here's what you could try: Depending on your operating system, find System
Restore on a computer and pick a restore date in the past before this all
happened. See if the form works OK then.

The only other things that I can think to look at would be the code behind
the form and maybe going to the VBA window and checking for broken references.

Oh! Maybe Set Warnings has been shut off in code or a macro and not turned
back on. That might explain the lack of warning messages.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Lou-Jean on
Okay, I've only been using it about 2 years and not a very strong user. You
mentioned Set Warnings. Where do I search for these warnings?

As far as system updates, I'll have to refer that to our LAN people. But
you have given me more advice that our Help Desk could.
From: Advance Scout on
Lou-Jean wrote:
> I'm using 2002. The problem has just recently started. In updating a form,
> moving from Design View to Form View, or just saving the form, Access will
> just shut down with no warning.
> Everything was running fine around Monday of one week, but later that same
> week is when the issue started. It only happens on that one form.
> I've gone back to several previous backups that never had this problem, and
> they are suddently doing the same thing on this same form.
> I had another person try it on her machine, and the same thing happened. No
> warning, no error message, just full application shut down.

Did you change the name of a field in a table that a query in the form
references??? if you did and then didnt update the query, I think that
could cause it. Since all the backup forms are crashing , the problem
could be a field in the table.
From: Jerry Whittle on
SetWarnings could be a lot of different places. It could be set in a macro or
any of the forms or reports that you use.

Try this on a COPY of the database. Do some normal stuff in the copy of the
database. Next open up the form in question, but nothing else. Press the F11
key which should bring up the database window. Open up a table and select a
record. Delete it (now you know why I say to use a copy of the database). Do
you get an error message about the record being deleted? If so, Set Warnings
probably isn't a problem as you wouldn't get that error message if it was
turned off. If you don't get that message, we will need to investigate
further.
--

"Lou-Jean" wrote:

> Okay, I've only been using it about 2 years and not a very strong user. You
> mentioned Set Warnings. Where do I search for these warnings?
>
> As far as system updates, I'll have to refer that to our LAN people. But
> you have given me more advice that our Help Desk could.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: climing
Next: Recently Used File List