From: Vilius Mock�nas on
Hello,

How do I get shutdown dialog window handle (which shows after Alt+F4) ?
After displaying the dialog user input is almost disabled so it's hard to
identify process which created the dialog, but I suspect explorer.exe.

Vilius

From: Dee Earley on
On 09/03/2010 08:07, Vilius Mock�nas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I get shutdown dialog window handle (which shows after Alt+F4) ?
> After displaying the dialog user input is almost disabled so it's hard to
> identify process which created the dialog, but I suspect explorer.exe.

CBT hooks.

Can I ask why you want to do this?
You r app should not be doing anything with this dialog as it is for the
USER to choose.

If you want to shut down windows, there are fully documented APIs to do it.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Vilius Mockunas on
But if I want to install hook I need thread id - how do I get it in this
case ?

From: Kerem Gümrükcü on
What exactly do you want to do?
Why do you want to hook that dialog and
why do you want to intercept this dialog?

regards

Kerem

--
Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue

From: Vilius Mockunas on
Hello,

I want to shutdown explorer.exe by imitating Ctrl+Alt+Shift+"Cancel button
push by mouse"
Of course I can write my own code, but I consider this method more reliable.