From: LSMFT on
How do you add a shutdown widget to the panel?
I only have logout, suspend, switch user and no shutdown.
I have to log out and use the login shutdown button.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........
From: David Bolt on
On Saturday 27 Mar 2010 16:49, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
LSMFT painted this mural:

> How do you add a shutdown widget to the panel?

KDE4?

> I only have logout, suspend, switch user and no shutdown.

The only times I've seen that was when I accidentally removed it, or
when KDE4.0 decided to get rid of all the widgets in a fit of "AI is
overrated" :)

> I have to log out and use the login shutdown button.

Since I'm going to assume you're talking KDE4, you need to right-click
on the panel and select "Add Widget". Then, from the selection, drag
"Lock/Logout" onto the panel where you want to place it. Finally, close
the "Add Widget" dialogue box.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M3 32b

From: LSMFT on
On 03/27/2010 01:39 PM, David Bolt wrote:
> On Saturday 27 Mar 2010 16:49, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
> LSMFT painted this mural:
>
>> How do you add a shutdown widget to the panel?
>
> KDE4?
>
>> I only have logout, suspend, switch user and no shutdown.
>
> The only times I've seen that was when I accidentally removed it, or
> when KDE4.0 decided to get rid of all the widgets in a fit of "AI is
> overrated" :)
>
>> I have to log out and use the login shutdown button.
>
> Since I'm going to assume you're talking KDE4, you need to right-click
> on the panel and select "Add Widget". Then, from the selection, drag
> "Lock/Logout" onto the panel where you want to place it. Finally, close
> the "Add Widget" dialogue box.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

Yes, KDE4. It was an 11.2 install with Gnome as default. I downloaded
KDE4 afterward and got nothing but a white screen after. Next time I
tried it I got the default background but nothing else. I had to create
everything else, taskbar, icons etc.
Ok, I didn't see that Lock/logout widget. I was looking for shutdown.
The Leave/logout on right click did not shutdown.

From: LSMFT on
On 03/27/2010 01:39 PM, David Bolt wrote:
> On Saturday 27 Mar 2010 16:49, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
> LSMFT painted this mural:
>
>> How do you add a shutdown widget to the panel?
>
> KDE4?
>
>> I only have logout, suspend, switch user and no shutdown.
>
> The only times I've seen that was when I accidentally removed it, or
> when KDE4.0 decided to get rid of all the widgets in a fit of "AI is
> overrated" :)
>
>> I have to log out and use the login shutdown button.
>
> Since I'm going to assume you're talking KDE4, you need to right-click
> on the panel and select "Add Widget". Then, from the selection, drag
> "Lock/Logout" onto the panel where you want to place it. Finally, close
> the "Add Widget" dialogue box.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

That widgit does not shut the system down, it only logs me down to the
login screen like the leave button does.

From: David Bolt on
On Saturday 27 Mar 2010 22:15, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
LSMFT painted this mural:

> On 03/27/2010 01:39 PM, David Bolt wrote:

>> Since I'm going to assume you're talking KDE4, you need to right-click
>> on the panel and select "Add Widget". Then, from the selection, drag
>> "Lock/Logout" onto the panel where you want to place it. Finally, close
>> the "Add Widget" dialogue box.

> That widgit does not shut the system down, it only logs me down to the
> login screen like the leave button does.

Which KDE4 are you using? KDE4.3.5 logs off and shuts down just fine.
The one in Factory also appears to work[0], or it logs me off and shuts
my laptop down when I tell it to do so.

[0] More than the suspend to disc/ram :|

Regards,
David Bolt