From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on
A few days a go I read, in one of the previous pages, that the the DG are
about to be shut down and we moving to the new Excel Forums.
Was that a false alert or what - as I still see, the present DG, breathing
and Kicking...!?
Any reliable & effective information will be appreciated.
Micky

From: Bob I on
In a nutshell the so called "discussion groups" are no longer directed
into the microsoft.public newsgroups.

From: trip_to_tokyo on
Micky, everybody seems to have been misled by MS who said that they were
closing these forums on Jun 1/10.

However, another poster has correctly pointed out that MS said, in their
original advice, that they would phase out during the summer and end the
process in the autumn.

As to accurate information I suppose only MS can give that.

From: Gord Dibben on
Read Q and A at

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Q: When will this transition be complete?

A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing this
by Fall 2010.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on