From: lucifur on

Eddie \(UK\) Wrote:
> I recently bought an old ('98) MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER 3D PRO
> joystick. It's in mint condition but I didn't get any
> Driver CD or manual. Does anyone know where I can download
> a Driver?
>
> DETAILS:
> MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER 3D PRO (5V 45mA)
> PART NO. 63545
> FCC ID: C3KMJ1
> =================================
>
> Please don't recommend Microsoft driver download center.
> The link isn't there!
>
> Many Thanks
> Eddie(UK)

I did same thing until I figured it out I wonder how
they expect you to find stuff but if you are at microsoft downloads and
type in sidewinder it will take you to were you can download
driver for win98, If you are using 2000 plug it in then boot (I know
becouse I just got one yesterday myself) it wont see it but then goto
gameing options in control panel and click on add scroll down to auto
detect sidwinder it will install it. I had to calibrate it also inorder
for it too work.

--
lucifur
From: Steve on
I bought a Gameport version of the sidewinder force feedback pro.

Plugged it into the PC. Went into control panel in XPSP2 clicked on game
controllers. clicked on add, clicked on microsoft sidewinder (autodetect).
It just worked straight off.

Might work for the 3D

Best Regards

Steve