From: Roger on
I have AMD Duron (tm) processor and American Megatrends motherboard sis735
K7S5A
my cpu temp was 42c and system 27c What range should I be aware of

Thank You "Roger"
=========================== ===========================

From: Bob I on
Windows XP doesn't care. The AMD site will have that info for your
particular processor.

From: Francis on
Roger,

You're CPU and Case temps look good. I can't recall what Durons are rated
to, but I know that an AMD Athlon 64 (the CPU I run) is rated to 60 C before
there is any damage. I'd bet that the Duron can handle temps well into the
50-60 C range.

If you have a concern about temperatures, perhaps you can look into
improving the cooling system in your case. If you use air cooling, for
example. a few well placed fans can help cool the system down better.
Personally, I have a Thermaltake Armor Case that has 4 fans (120mm intake,
120mm exhaust, and 2x 90mm exhaust) and my case temp is usually 22 C idle,
and CPU temp is 25 C idle (with AMD cool 'n' quiet enabled; 32 C with cool
'n' quiet disabled). Although your temps are higher than mine, you're still
in a safe range.

Hope this helps.

From: Roger on

"Francis" <Francis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Roger,
>
> You're CPU and Case temps look good. I can't recall what Durons are rated
> to, but I know that an AMD Athlon 64 (the CPU I run) is rated to 60 C
> before
> there is any damage. I'd bet that the Duron can handle temps well into
> the
> 50-60 C range.
>
> If you have a concern about temperatures, perhaps you can look into
> improving the cooling system in your case. If you use air cooling, for
> example. a few well placed fans can help cool the system down better.
> Personally, I have a Thermaltake Armor Case that has 4 fans (120mm intake,
> 120mm exhaust, and 2x 90mm exhaust) and my case temp is usually 22 C idle,
> and CPU temp is 25 C idle (with AMD cool 'n' quiet enabled; 32 C with cool
> 'n' quiet disabled). Although your temps are higher than mine, you're
> still
> in a safe range.

Thank you, comments are noted, I wonder if their is a site reference
anywhere ?
"Roger"
========================= ===========================

From: Rctfreak on
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:55:05 -0000, "Roger" <Monkey(a)Zoo.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>I have AMD Duron (tm) processor and American Megatrends motherboard sis735
>K7S5A
>my cpu temp was 42c and system 27c What range should I be aware of
>
>Thank You "Roger"
>=========================== ===========================

You are fine. Those temps are pretty much normal for a system
operating with the standard AMD heatsink/fan. The duron should be
able to handle temps up to around 80C. (*I think the AMD site actually
says 90C) (you are very unlikely to get it that hot unless the fan
dies.) If the fan dies it will heat up very rapidly though. So if
your BIOS has a setting to shut the system down if it gets too hot, I
would defenitly enable that and set it at like 55C. .

Your system temp is actually Excellent. 27C is pretty much about room
temp. If you are getting that then your system is cooling very well
indeed.

Go to the following link and then check the appropriate tech doc for
your cpu.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_2979,00.html

Pages: 1
Prev: cd drive!!!!!!