From: Anja on
I am using Outlook 2007 and have been using lots of signatures for years now.
Today all of a sudden they don't show up in Outlook anymore and the
signatures appear empty. However if i check under c: the data is still within
the signatures folder but apparently Outlook doesn't recognize them any
longer.

What can I do about this? This hasn't happened before and I urgently need my
signatures back.

Your help would be appreciated.
From: thecreator on
Hi Anja,

Try doing a System Restore or restore a partition image for the
operating system, if you are using Ghost or Acronis.

I hope you are backing up your operating system?

--
thecreator

From: Diane Poremsky on

Anja wrote:
> I am using Outlook 2007 and have been using lots of signatures for years
> now.
> Today all of a sudden they don't show up in Outlook anymore and the
> signatures appear empty. However if i check under c: the data is still
> within
> the signatures folder but apparently Outlook doesn't recognize them
> any
> longer.
>
> What can I do about this? This hasn't happened before and I urgently
> need my
> signatures back.
>
> Your help would be appreciated.

If you recreate and reapply the signatures, do they stick around?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange
Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/)

'Outlook Tips by email'
(mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net)
'EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange'
(mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM)

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45520

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: Anja on
Hi Diane,

i created a 'test' signature which I saved and it shows up after I close and
re-open Outlook. The signatures folder with my original signatures is still
under C://Users/Anja/AppData/Microsoft/Outlook, however the signatures don't
show up.
I am using Vista. When I used to type "Signatures" in the search bar the
Signatures Folder for Outlook would come up but it doesn't show up any
longer, which leads me to believe that Outlook for some reason doesn't use or
recognize this folder any longer. I tried to cut and paste it back in but
it's still not recognized.

Any help would be appreciated.

From: Slipstick on

Anja wrote:
> Hi Diane,
>
> i created a 'test' signature which I saved and it shows up after I
> close and
> re-open Outlook. The signatures folder with my original signatures is
> still
> under C://Users/Anja/AppData/Microsoft/Outlook, however the signatures
> don't
> show up.
correct path is ...\Microsoft\Signatures, microsoft\outlook.