From: Adam on
Hi All,

I'm using ExcelXP tagsets (SAS 9.1.3) to output to an XML file which I
can load straight into Excel, which works a treat. However, the
default formatting is a bit cumbersome with really large row and
column text and dark grey cell backgrounds. I'd like to clear this up.
I thought maybe I could specify another style in the ODS statement,
but that results in an error when opening the file in Excel. I have
ended up with this:

proc tabulate data=testdata style=[background=white borderwidth=2];
class status;
classlev status / style=[background=white font_size=10pt
font_weight=bold just=center
borderwidth=2];
var andiff buhdiff werdiff wimdiff alldiff /
style=[background=white
font_size=10pt font_weight=bold just=center
borderwidth=2];
keyword all sum / style=[background=white font_size=10pt
font_weight=bold just=center
borderwidth=2];
freq yeargross;
format status stat.;
table (andiff buhdiff werdiff wimdiff alldiff)*sum*f=nlmnlgbp20.0
, status="" all
/ row=float box=[label=" " style=[background=white]];
run;

....but it's very cumbersome and generates massive documents. Can
anyone tell me how to avoid all this extra code and/or make the style=
option work in the ODS statement? (Also my just=center attributes
don't seem to work and the spreadsheet ends up filled with "numbers
stored as text" rather than just "numbers"!)

Thanks a lot for any help,
Adam
From: Ya on
On Jul 24, 3:37 am, Adam <n...(a)snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using ExcelXP tagsets (SAS 9.1.3) to output to an XML file which I
> can load straight into Excel, which works a treat. However, the
> default formatting is a bit cumbersome with really large row and
> column text and dark grey cell backgrounds. I'd like to clear this up.
> I thought maybe I could specify another style in the ODS statement,
> but that results in an error when opening the file in Excel. I have
> ended up with this:
>
>   proc tabulate data=testdata style=[background=white borderwidth=2];
>     class status;
>     classlev status / style=[background=white font_size=10pt
>                             font_weight=bold just=center
> borderwidth=2];
>     var andiff buhdiff werdiff wimdiff alldiff /
> style=[background=white
>                     font_size=10pt font_weight=bold just=center
> borderwidth=2];
>     keyword all sum / style=[background=white font_size=10pt
>                              font_weight=bold just=center
> borderwidth=2];
>     freq yeargross;
>     format status stat.;
>     table (andiff buhdiff werdiff wimdiff alldiff)*sum*f=nlmnlgbp20..0
>           , status="" all
>           / row=float box=[label=" " style=[background=white]];
>   run;
>
> ...but it's very cumbersome and generates massive documents. Can
> anyone tell me how to avoid all this extra code and/or make the style=
> option work in the ODS statement? (Also my just=center attributes
> don't seem to work and the spreadsheet ends up filled with "numbers
> stored as text" rather than just "numbers"!)
>
> Thanks a lot for any help,
> Adam

What happens if you try style-minimal?

ods tagsets.excelXp file="cccc" style=minimal;

prc tabulate...

Ya
From: Adam on
On 24 July, 16:50, Ya <huang8...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 3:37 am, Adam <n...(a)snowstone.org.uk> wrote:

> What happens if you try style-minimal?
>
> ods tagsets.excelXp file="cccc" style=minimal;
>
> prc tabulate...

I get an error from Excel when I try and load the file:

Problems came up in the following areas during load:
Workbook Setting
Style
Table
The file cannot be opened because of errors...

Thanks,
Adam
From: Joseph on
On Jul 26, 7:20 am, Adam <n...(a)snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
> On 24 July, 16:50, Ya <huang8...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 24, 3:37 am, Adam <n...(a)snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
> > What happens if you trystyle-minimal?
>
> > ods tagsets.excelXp file="cccc"style=minimal;
>
> > prc tabulate...
>
> I get an error from Excel when I try and load the file:
>
> Problems came up in the following areas during load:
>  Workbook Setting
>  Style
>  Table
> The file cannot be opened because of errors...
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

I just experienced this problem myself.

Style = Minimal is creating the error.

Change it to something else.
From: Lou on
>On 24 July, 16:50, Ya <huang8...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 24, 3:37 am, Adam <n...(a)snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> What happens if you try style-minimal?
>>
>> ods tagsets.excelXp file="cccc" style=minimal;
>>
>> prc tabulate...
>
>I get an error from Excel when I try and load the file:
>
>Problems came up in the following areas during load:
> Workbook Setting
> Style
> Table
>The file cannot be opened because of errors...
>
>Thanks,
>Adam

I had the same problem, using SAS 9.1.3 - depending on the style used, Excel
would either open the file or refuse to open the file with an error message.

The remedy was to go to http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/,
download the latest version of the tagset and install it. Everything now
works fine.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: solutions book