From: George Del Monte on
I have a simple question - but not knowing the answer bugs me. Any help?

Whenever I backup Quicken 2004 to a directory elsewhere on the same hard
drive, a Q3.dir file is always created on my desktop. Is this significant?
Where should the Q3.dir file normally be created? Does it matter where the
file is located? (I routinely copy the data files to another computer as
backups to the backup.)

From: The Streets on
If you search Google Groups for "Q3.DIR Desktop" I think
you'll find all you need to know about this subject.

From: George Del Monte on
Thanks. There was one story explaining the Q3.dir file. Appreciate your
help.

From: Roughrider50 on

"The Streets" <streetsj.no.spam(a)sprintmail.com> wrote in message
> If you search Google Groups for "Q3.DIR Desktop" I think
> you'll find all you need to know about this subject.

Out of curiosity I tried your suggestion.......no results

From: John Cordes on
Roughrider50 wrote:
> "The Streets" <streetsj.no.spam(a)sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>If you search Google Groups for "Q3.DIR Desktop" I think
>>you'll find all you need to know about this subject.
>>
>>"George Del Monte" <green.eggs(a)ham.net> wrote in message
>

> Out of curiosity I tried your suggestion.......no results

Do it without the quotes.

John
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Next: Q2004 - "Could not record transfer"