From: flipoo on
Hi guys,

When i try to simulate a simple EXOR i get the following error:

# ** Warning: A ModelSim starter license was detected and will be used,
even though you have installed ModelSim XE. You should obtain an XE license
in order to access ModelSim XE's full capabilities.Licensing checkout error
with feature xe-starter. (Error code -9.)
# The hostid of the license does not match the hostid for this machine.
# One of the following is likely:
# -The license is intended for another machine.
# -A dongle is not plugged into this machine.
# -The dongle driver is not installed or is not functioning properly.
# -The hostid mechanism has been changed or removed from this machine.
# ** Error: Failure to obtain a VHDL simulation license.
# Error loading design
# Error: Error loading design
# Pausing macro execution
# MACRO ./my_exor_tb.fdo PAUSED at line 9

Can anyone help me???

Thanks all!

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Alan Fitch on
On 15/06/2010 12:47, flipoo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> When i try to simulate a simple EXOR i get the following error:
>
> # ** Warning: A ModelSim starter license was detected and will be used,
> even though you have installed ModelSim XE. You should obtain an XE license
> in order to access ModelSim XE's full capabilities.Licensing checkout error
> with feature xe-starter. (Error code -9.)
> # The hostid of the license does not match the hostid for this machine.
> # One of the following is likely:
> # -The license is intended for another machine.
> # -A dongle is not plugged into this machine.
> # -The dongle driver is not installed or is not functioning properly.
> # -The hostid mechanism has been changed or removed from this machine.
> # ** Error: Failure to obtain a VHDL simulation license.
> # Error loading design
> # Error: Error loading design
> # Pausing macro execution
> # MACRO ./my_exor_tb.fdo PAUSED at line 9
>
> Can anyone help me???
>
> Thanks all!
>

> ---------------------------------------
> Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com

That seems pretty obvious, you haven't got a valid license.

All the information you need is in the message you quoted.

Alan

--
Alan Fitch
Senior Consultant

Doulos � Developing Design Know-how
VHDL * Verilog * SystemVerilog * SystemC * PSL * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Project
Services

Doulos Ltd. Church Hatch, 22 Marketing Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24
1AW, UK
Tel: + 44 (0)1425 471223 Email: alan.fitch(a)doulos.com
Fax: +44 (0)1425 471573 http://www.doulos.com

This message may contain personal views which are not the views of
Doulos, unless specifically stated.