From: Gary Gary on
I never, ever want any document to be double spaced that I work with as
I'm creating all my own documents. Is there any way that I can have a
document automatically convert a double spaced layout to single spaced
upon pasting into my Word 2007 program? Also I'd like the font to be
converted as well. Presently I'm using Verdana and find it so easy to
read as well as having great Bold/Non-Bold distinction. Also it would be
great to convert that spacing modification that many people love to insert
(before and after a point) in so many documents. Why do people want to
waste vertical space I wonder? Don't waste paper!! :)
From: Stefan Blom on
On the Home tab, click Paste, and then click Paste Special; choose to paste
as "Unformatted Text"; this formats the pasted text according to the
formatting at the insertion point.

Note, however, that when you are pasting as unformatted text, you will
*only* get the text. No graphics will be pasted.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

From: Gary Gary on
Another perfect answer from Stefan! Thanks! You should work for
Microsoft! It worked like a charm.

From: Gary Gary on
Now if I want to use a kb shortcut for Paste Special would I have to use a
Macro?

From: Stefan Blom on
Thank you very much for your feedback.