From: Hollis Paul on
I have a group of URLs, single spaced, in notepad that I want to paste
into Word2007. When I do that, they all get inserted as new
paragraphs, with an extra line before, so it all looks double-spaced.
Is there any way I can set the paste to not use formatting?
Alternatively, is there a format I can apply afterwards that will
remove that extra line?
Thanks for any suggestions.

From: Stefan Blom on
You can select the text and apply the No Spacing style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

From: Hollis Paul on
In article <#bmWasAWKHA.4688(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Stefan Blom wrote:
> You can select the text and apply the No Spacing style.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP

Thanks, Stefan. Alas, that shortens line length, but not interlinear
spacing.

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA

From: Stefan Blom on
You can change the line spacing for the No Spacing style. Right-click No
Spacing in the styles pane and choose Modify from the context menu. Click
Format, Paragraph, and specify "Single" for "Line spacing."

Alternatively, you can change the line spacing for the Normal style (which
is the "parent" style for No Spacing), or you can change the document
defaults (in the Styles pane, click Manage Styles, and then click the Set
Defaults tab).

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
If that changed the line length, then you have done something wrong--perhaps
changed from Justified to Left alignment. What you want to do is click the
dialog launcher (small arrow in the bottom right corner of the Styles group
on the Home tab and choose the No Spacing style. Alternatively, you can use
Home | Styles | Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Hollis Paul" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> In article <#bmWasAWKHA.4688(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Stefan Blom wrote:
>> You can select the text and apply the No Spacing style.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>
> Thanks, Stefan. Alas, that shortens line length, but not interlinear
> spacing.
>
> --
> Hollis Paul
> Mukilteo, WA USA