From: beadevilg on

While in my remote desktop on my Windows Server 2003, I dragged the
folder containing all of my code/scripts/folders/etc. to the desktop,
trying to create a shortcut. I realized that it moved the entire folder
to the desktop, so I dragged it back to where it was.

Now, it seems that created some changes in permissions and/or security
settings, and my website is asking for a username/password from me.

How do I restore the settings so that I get my website back?

Thanks!

--
beadevilg
beadevilg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220703.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: beadevilg on

Okay, my 14-year-old son fixed it.

Here's the solution. In windows explorer, right-click the folder, then:

Select Properties
Click on Status/Security
Add 'users' to list of users

That must have gotten changed while moving the folder.

--
beadevilg
beadevilg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220703.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1337461.htm