From: bill allemann on
I have a profile taken from a casting that has a few splines, and I want to
wire some parts with it.
I get an error "Operation failed due to geometric condition"
The profile makes a loop and the continuity of it seems fine since chain
select works, offsetting the loop works, and chain select of the offset loop
works.
If I try to cut with the offset or the original profile, same results.
I suppose this is a bug, but any ideas on a workaround??

Thanks, Bill

From: Paul Salvador on
Bill,

Try to extrude the sketch as a surface... and see what that does,.. is
it made up of multiple bodies or one body?
If one body, try to cut using that surface body,... what happens?
If multiple bodies, try to knit(?) and cut,.. what happens?

My guess is it's a bug but maybe a face your bisecting which gives a
zero thickness?