From: notbob on
Hey! Whuh happened to Keith Keller's slack faq-o-matic. I was gonna
direct that poster with the MARK question to it, but his SF server is
dead. That was a great resource.

nb
From: Sylvain Robitaille on
notbob wrote:

> Hey! Whuh happened to Keith Keller's slack faq-o-matic. I was gonna
> direct that poster with the MARK question to it, but his SF server is
> dead. That was a great resource.

No disprespect meant to Keith, or the good intentions behind his AOLS
faq-o-matic, but it was rather horrible (at least to use or even just
look at).

I can understand that you might have missed the original discussion
that took place ... um ... back in 2006, I think, but I find it
hard to imagine that you might not have seen the periodic posts
every ... what is it? 10 days? ... every 10 days since Keith
agreed to let others take over the newsgroup FAQ in a form external
to faq-o-matic. If you check that periodic posting, you'll find
pointers to the new-improved-aols-faq, and an HTML-ized version of
the new-improved-aols-faq ...

Sylvain Robitaille syl(a)encs.concordia.ca

Systems analyst / AITS Concordia University
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science Montreal, Quebec, Canada
From: notbob on
On 2010-04-29, Sylvain Robitaille <syl(a)alcor.concordia.ca> wrote:

> faq-o-matic, but it was rather horrible (at least to use or even just
> look at).

Agreed. It WAS pretty hideous. ;)

> hard to imagine that you might not have seen the periodic posts

Yeah, I've seen them, but I'm pretty brain dead. I was just curious
about Keith's faq. Thanks for the update, Sylvain.

nb
From: Mike Jones on
Responding to Sylvain Robitaille:

> notbob wrote:
>
>> Hey! Whuh happened to Keith Keller's slack faq-o-matic. I was gonna
>> direct that poster with the MARK question to it, but his SF server is
>> dead. That was a great resource.
>
> No disprespect meant to Keith, or the good intentions behind his AOLS
> faq-o-matic, but it was rather horrible (at least to use or even just
> look at).
>
> I can understand that you might have missed the original discussion that
> took place ... um ... back in 2006, I think, but I find it hard to
> imagine that you might not have seen the periodic posts every ... what
> is it? 10 days? ... every 10 days since Keith agreed to let others take
> over the newsgroup FAQ in a form external to faq-o-matic. If you check
> that periodic posting, you'll find pointers to the
> new-improved-aols-faq, and an HTML-ized version of the
> new-improved-aols-faq ...

What? The FAQ?

I'll get me coat...

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Mikhail Zotov on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:03:08 GMT
notbob <notbob(a)nothome.com> wrote:

> Hey! Whuh happened to Keith Keller's slack faq-o-matic. I was gonna
> direct that poster with the MARK question to it, but his SF server is
> dead. That was a great resource.

I can send you a copy dated back to March 2005. If Keith isn't
against ;-)

--
Mikhail