From: Johannes D.H. Beekhuizen on
Hello,

There is a way to change the intervsl for te - MARK -- entries in the
/var/adm/messages file. But I've fovrgotten how to do it :(
Could somebody please tell me the secret?
Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

Hans.
From: Clemens Ladisch on
Johannes D.H. Beekhuizen wrote:
> There is a way to change the intervsl for te - MARK -- entries in the
> /var/adm/messages file. But I've fovrgotten how to do it :(

-m (man syslogd)
From: Johannes D.H. Beekhuizen on
Clemens Ladisch wrote:
CL Johannes D.H. Beekhuizen wrote:

>> There is a way to change the intervsl for te - MARK -- entries in the
>> /var/adm/messages file. But I've fovrgotten how to do it :(

CL -m (man syslogd)

That's it! Thank you very much!

--
Regards,

Hans.
From: Eef Hartman on
Johannes D.H. Beekhuizen <jbeekhui(a)duinheks.nl> wrote:
> There is a way to change the intervsl for te - MARK -- entries in the
> /var/adm/messages file. But I've fovrgotten how to do it :(
> Could somebody please tell me the secret?

Add the "-m <interval>" option to the start-up line for syslogd
(/usr/sbin/syslogd) in the /etc/rc.d/rc.syslog script
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl - phone: +31-15-278 82525 **

Pages: 1
Prev: p1006
Next: Slack faq-o-matic