From: Saxman on
I viewed a digital slideshow recently. Quite impressive as subtitles were
automatically loaded and faded automatically.

Is there any freeware that does this?
From: El Bandolero on

www.openoffice.org
--
ciao
El Bandolero
From: Saxman on
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 23:48:34 +0200, El Bandolero wrote:

> www.openoffice.org

Thanks! I'll give it a go.
From: Terry on
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 21:47:38 +0100, Saxman
<john.h.williams(a)btinternet.com> wrote:

>I viewed a digital slideshow recently. Quite impressive as subtitles were
>automatically loaded and faded automatically.
>
>Is there any freeware that does this?

Irfanview can do a slide show, and it can display various text
information (for example, the IPCT comment field). You can also play
MP3 files during the show. It is very easy to set up and use, but does
not support transitions such as fading between slides.
http://www.irfanview.com/

MyAlbum does all the above plus it supports a variety of transitions,
such as cross fade, wipe side-to-side or top-to-bottom, etc. It is
also an album manager.
http://pmeindre.free.fr/MyAlbum.html

As far as I know neither will fade the title text in and out
(independently of the image).

For comparison, the best of the commercial slide show programs do
allow you to fade title text in and out, and this is a separte
function from the slide transition. They also have features that allow
you to pan an image, and zoom in and out, giving some motion to the
show. This is often referred to as "Ken Burns" effects. Very nice if
you want to do a top notch show. Iif you have images (from a digital
camera, for example) that are higher resolution that your screen, you
can show the entire image, then zoom in to native resolution on the
most interesting part of the image, then pan or zoom out, then
transition to the next slide.

Terry

Pages: 1
Prev: Lightscribe freeware?