From: Pierre Melser on
Is there a tool for win 98 se like checkdisk, but quickier and maybe better?

Pierre

Destructieve emoties doen afbreuk aan onze vrijheid.
From: jmatt on
Pierre Melser wrote:
> Is there a tool for win 98 se like checkdisk, but quickier and maybe better?

CHKDSK is called Scandisk in 98. Hard drive manufacturers also have
test programs at their sites.

Understanding ScanDisk
http://users.iafrica.com/c/cq/cquirke/scandisk.htm
http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/ASP/FileView.asp?File=/KB/ScanDisk.TXT
http://www.geocities.com/thegorx/Windows/Help/Scandisk.htm

Here is my info, links are like us, they die. If any of these links are
dead or are no longer freeware, at least you have the name of the
program which you put into a search engine like Google & maybe you can
let me know the latest info.
I am not recommending anything, my list gives you a starting point to
find something to suit your operating system ( most people do not even
mention it ) & skill level. What will work on my computer, may not be
happy on yours. What I can understand, re how to install & run, may not
apply to you.

Troubleshoot hard drive failures in seven easy steps
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22_11-5430585.html#
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5430585-2.html
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5430585-3.html

200 ways to revive a hard drive
http://lstech.org/resource_lib/hardware/desktops/200waysfixHD.html
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6255-5029761.html
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:xXFQMGgVrTIJ:www.hddrecovery.com.au/downloads/200ways.pdf+200+WAYS+TO+REVIVE+A+HARD+DRIVE+&hl=en

Adenix S.M.A.R.T. Explorer
http://www.adenix.net/downloads.php
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=8&var1=0&var2=95
http://www.onlythebestfreeware.com/program.asp?program_id=158

PassMark DiskCheckup
http://www.tudogs.com/windows5.php?pass=set
http://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm

HDD Health
http://www.panterasoft.com/
http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php?page=87&cat=007

HDDScan
http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/2006.01.22-HDDScan/
http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php?page=87&cat=007

HDDLife
http://www.softwareforwindows.com/program.asp?key=17503&v=0

Media Test
http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/WinUtils3.html

HD Tune
http://www.hdtune.com/

S.M.A.R.T. Monitor
http://jstmm.netfirms.com/

Salvation HDD Scan and Repair
http://www.salvationdata.com/download.htm

From: Pierre Melser on
In bericht:1149209550.086649.319640(a)g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
jmatt(a)webace.com.au <jmatt(a)webace.com.au>typte:
> Pierre Melser wrote:
>> Is there a tool for win 98 se like checkdisk, but quickier and maybe
>> better?
>
> CHKDSK is called Scandisk in 98. Hard drive manufacturers also have
> test programs at their sites.
thanks for your extensive answer

Pierre
From: Franklin on
On 01 Jun 2006, Pierre Melser<dankjewel(a)iinvalid.xx> wrote:

> Is there a tool for win 98 se like checkdisk, but quickier and
> maybe better?

ISTR that the disk checker which came with ME was widely used by the
Win98 fraternity as it was faster and supposed to be better.
From: jmatt on
Franklin wrote:
> ISTR that the disk checker which came with ME was widely used by the
> Win98 fraternity as it was faster and supposed to be better.

That was defrag.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Slide Show