From: surface9 on
On Dec 31 2009, 11:34 pm, JD <J...(a)example.invalid> wrote:
> surface9 wrote:
> > Wow, what a difference.  I upgraded to 15.38 and now SATA to IDE is as
> > fast as from SATA to SATA.  Thanks for the advice.
>
> > Jerry
>
> Out of curiosity, what did you update? Your chipset drivers or something
> else?
>
> --
>   JD..

I downloaded a file callled "nforce_winxp32_15.18_international.exe" ,
which extracted to several files, one of which was setup.exe, which I
executed. It had 4 or 5 drivers to install, but I only selected two
for the SMUBUS, or something like that (I don't remember). I had to
reboot after that, but then all my mpegs went into overdrive. I have
to assume it was the nforce drivers, like you suggested.

From: JD on
surface9 wrote:
> On Dec 31 2009, 11:34 pm, JD<J...(a)example.invalid> wrote:
>> surface9 wrote:
>>> Wow, what a difference. I upgraded to 15.38 and now SATA to IDE is as
>>> fast as from SATA to SATA. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>> Jerry
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what did you update? Your chipset drivers or something
>> else?
>>
>> --
>> JD..
>
> I downloaded a file callled "nforce_winxp32_15.18_international.exe" ,
> which extracted to several files, one of which was setup.exe, which I
> executed. It had 4 or 5 drivers to install, but I only selected two
> for the SMUBUS, or something like that (I don't remember). I had to
> reboot after that, but then all my mpegs went into overdrive. I have
> to assume it was the nforce drivers, like you suggested.

Like David H. Lipman suggested. 8-) I was just curious, thanks!

--
JD..
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "surface9" <davsf(a)neto.com>

| On Dec 31 2009, 11:34 pm, JD <J...(a)example.invalid> wrote:
>> surface9 wrote:
>> > Wow, what a difference. I upgraded to 15.38 and now SATA to IDE is as
>> > fast as from SATA to SATA. Thanks for the advice.

>> > Jerry

>> Out of curiosity, what did you update? Your chipset drivers or something
>> else?

>> --
>> JD..

| I downloaded a file callled "nforce_winxp32_15.18_international.exe" ,
| which extracted to several files, one of which was setup.exe, which I
| executed. It had 4 or 5 drivers to install, but I only selected two
| for the SMUBUS, or something like that (I don't remember). I had to
| reboot after that, but then all my mpegs went into overdrive. I have
| to assume it was the nforce drivers, like you suggested.

Thanx for the feedback.

I'm glad you have resolution.

--
Dave